As an onsite Tech Lead/Software Architect in Microservices based product recommendation platform team, you will play an important role in representing the offshore team within client premise as an engineering ambassador/leader while engaging in platform development alongside with the offshore teams. You will be engaging with various onsite client teams including engineering (DevOps, infrastructure, security, performance, etc) and business (product managers, business teams) whenever necessary to gain and provide specific information, sort out the platform and technical issues and be part of estimation & brainstorming sessions.
- Partners with Product Owner(s) and business functional leaders to formulate strategies, plans, designs, and architectures for complex business applications utilizing various technologies & tools, best practices, architecture patterns & models
- Setting up the development environments in local machine and be part of hands-on platform development exercise
- Participate in technical discussions with stakeholders and translate business/engineering needs into solution architectures and effectively communicate the same to offshore teams
- Troubleshoot any urgent production/integration/security/performance issues from channel end (webstore, mobile, etc) to data sources and clear the blockers
- Provide onsite technical coordination, guidance, and support during the US daytime (PST/PDT)
- Prepare and maintain necessary documents such as Architecture, Design, Troubleshooting, Deployment, Configuration, etc
- Proactively and professionally liaison with client stakeholders and other vendor teams in building a good relationship and provide the status updates while sorting out any complications
- Work closely with the offshore Platform and Microservices Business Unit Heads/Architects/Leads and define strategic technical road-maps to deliver client’s business needs and taking the responsibility in consulting the client stakeholders to understand and accept the engineering road-map for delivery
- Support to clear the blockers for offshore teams by coordinating with various onsite technical and business teams to complete the deliveries on time
- Be hands-on in engineering and have the ability to deep dive into coding whenever necessary
- Be alert for new opportunities from the client and demo/pitch the developed/potential capabilities to right stakeholders
- Proactively partner with enterprise, security EAs, DevOps and other engineering teams from client end to understand their needs and proactively plan to meet them
- Be proactive in identifying risks, challenges, issues and bring them to senior management attention, seek advice and solve before they become major issues
Required Experience & Skills
- Good knowledge and experience in enterprise software architecture, design, development and integrations considering functional and non-functional requirements
- Hands on coding capabilities in Java language, while having Scala/Python/R language exposure would be an added advantage.
- Good understanding of Microservices Architecture Patterns and related technologies with hands-on experience
- 5+ years of experience in Relational and NoSQL database paradigms
- Experience API development, web services (REST, SOAP and JSON), and documentation tools
- Experience with cloud solutioning in popular cloud providers such as GCP, AWS etc
- Good exposure and ability to troubleshoot a problem end to end covering Web interface-APIs to Database levels
- Having hands-on experience with one or more of the following tools/technologies/platforms will be an added advantage
- Play framework, Guice, Redis, HBase, MySQL, Oracle, Elasticsearch, Druid, Superset, Hadoop, HiveQL, Pig, HDFS, Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Docker, Drools, Spark,
- Experience in implementing Microservice solutions linking BI tools (such as Tableau, Power BI) to NoSQL data sources (such as Hive, MongoDB, Big Table) is a definite
- Excellent communication, articulation and leadership skills to connect with stakeholders at the different level
- Ability to engage and interact with various technical, business and outside teams
- Ability to understand and assimilate any technology quickly
Education & Experience
- Bachelors / Masters Degree or equivalent (MIS, Computer Science, Engineering preferred)
- Professional qualifications in Enterprise Architecture and other areas will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 6+ years of total experience, inclusive at least 5+ years of solid hands on coding exposure
- Experience with Scrum and other Agile development processes.