The senior performance test engineer would need to have at least 1 to 2 years of experience on the subject. The candidate will be a contributing member as part of the performance testing team.
He/ she will coordinate and conduct the performance testing activities within the company.
- Gather performance testing requirements.
- Conduct system performance testing to ensure system reliability, capacity, and scalability.
- Work with testing team to develop performance test plans and cases.
- Develop automated scripts in JMeter using REST APIs. The capability of writing the scripts via both recording and manual scriptwriting and fine-tune the recorded scripts.
- Identify and define the necessary load requirements for tests and should be able to find the required benchmark from the performed tests. (Load, Stress, and Longevity)
- Analyze test results and coordinate with development and QA teams for bug fixes.
- Generate test summary reports for management review.
- Analyze root causes of performance-related issues and provide corrective actions.
- Suggest new tools and techniques to improve testing efficiency.
- Set up, understand, and maintain a centralized performance test environment with the performance team.
- Assist in project planning, estimating, scheduling, and tracking activities.
- Build overall communication and collaboration with all the internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of Quality Assurance experience and 1 to 2 years of performance testing experience with Jmeter or load runner (mandatory). Jmeter is preferred.
- Testing coordination experience – Full understanding of end-to-end performance test process and experience on how and when to engage different teams such as Dev, QA, system admins.
- Excellent soft skills (Communication – via email, phone, live-meeting, etc.)
- Good programming experience with any programming language.
- Experience with agile/waterfall development methodologies.
- Knowledge of enterprise integration software technologies such as web services, message queues, DB.
- Experience with performance testing on microservices and dockerized environments.
- Experience in continuous integration with performance testing.