As an Engineering Manager, you will manage and provide governance to the PoC, Pilot and Production Innovation solutions that deliver business value across the client organization. You will work closely with the PMs to manage resources across multiple projects and will guide the resources to prioritize and coordinate tasks that provide the fastest resolution towards the client organization. You will act as the single point of contact for all the innovations initiatives by directly liasing with the client’s project sponsors and Innovations Director.
You will step in to manage and resolve disputes and conflicts while keeping client focus, quality and timely delivery in mind. You will maintain continuous understanding of all projects under you from a technological and project management standpoint and work closely with the architects, BU head and other internal stakeholders to deliver work smoothly towards the client by taking out blockers at all levels. You assess emerging technologies and vendors for application to business initiatives and provide technical expertise and direction for next generation initiatives. As the Engineering Manager you are responsible to provide the engineering leadership (hands on) to the rest of the teams in handling multiple solutions and stakeholders including different technology vendors and offshore engineering teams.
Your work location is Colombo, Sri Lanka. This job may require some amount traveling overseas at short notice
- Single point of contact for offshore engineering management and delivery
- Liaise closely with the onsite and client engineering delivery counterparts while building close relationships and navigate and manage complex situations
- Take out offshore engineering blockers
- Strategically drive the offshore teams out of confusion by talking to them and being at the ground zero
- Escalate the offshore engineering blockers to onsite engineering manager/architects/special interest groups to resolve them with minimum or no impact on deliveries
- Take part in solution architecture discussions
- Enforce the needed engineering reviews while taking part in architecture, performance, security and other important engineering reviews from both onsite (whenever needed) and offshore
- Evaluate, establish and enforce the best engineering practices within projects.
- Engage, coordinate and align the engineering support teams such as BA, UI/UX, DevOps, QA, etc
- Groom and mentor the offshore leads and engineers
- Identify expert skills needed and bring in expert assistance from other offshore teams
- Responsible for engineering resource optimization and management
- Engage in talent acquisition, talent management & retention
- Evaluate and drive the engineering process, templates and recommend and make necessary improvements
- Set the project objectives, KPIs
- Set goals & KPIs to direct reports
- Work with Business teams during pre-sales activities to provide necessary engineering guidance, support and engineering estimation
- Use the experience in software architecture and engineering to validate and add value to the architectural, technological decision making of the team